SAVE THE DATE!
Tuesday, January 28, 2014
Eaton County's Project Resource Connect
The Eaton County Continuum of Care (CoC), in partnership with local service organizations, invites you to participate in a historical event...
Project Resource Connect
First Lutheran Church
550 E. Shepherd
Charlotte, MI 48813-1586
Eaton County's Project Resource Connect (PRC) is a "One-day, One-stop shop" for the homeless population to gain access to essential services. As part of the National 10-Year Plan to end homelessness, PRC is about delivery, execution, and results. While we debunk myths and stereotypes about homelessness, we will work together to improve the quality of life for all Eaton County citizens.
Why is Eaton County having a Project Resource Connect?
- Improve its homeless service delivery system
- Increase public knowledge and awareness
- Debunk myths and stereotypes about homelessness
- Increase investment/momentum toward solutions
- Re-engage our homeless neighbors with the community
- Offer quality of life services for the homeless and at-risk populations
The following agencies will be in attendence offering services and information:
- Siren/Eaton Shelter
- Capital Area Community Services
- Eaton County Department of Human Services
- Barry Eaton District Health Department
- Legal Services of South Central Michigan
- The Salvation Army
- Gateway Community Services
- Eaton Great Start
We need your help!
We are currently seeking donations for the following items:
- Toiletries-single size soap, shampoo, and deodorants. Toothbrushes/toothpaste, female products, etc.
- Baby supplies-diapers, wipes, formula, bottles, etc.
- Non-perishable food items
- Eyeglasses, hearing aids, wheelchairs
- Sleeping bags, bedding supplies
- School supplies-crayons, notebooks, backpacks etc.
- Small household items-cups, plates, silverware etc.
- Clothing for all ages
- Books and children's toys
In addition, the Eaton County PRC is seeking service minded individuals and agencies to provide help in the following areas:
We are looking for the following services:
- State Identification
- Grief, mental, and substance abuse counseling information and referral
- Budgeting workshops
- Shelter (Landlords providing Section 8, low-income, and subsidized housing opportunities)
- Senior Citizen opportunities and programs (housing, employment etc.)
- Veteran's Benefits
- Domestic Violence assistance programs
- Disability assistance programs
- Youth and young adult programs
- Employability resources (resume writing and employment information/referral)
- Transportation programs (driver's licenses, license fee assistance)
- Medical services (flu shots, physicals etc)
- Child care, children's services
- Education (GED, tutoring, mentoring)
If you would like to donate your time, services, item(s) or funds to pay for a service, please contact:
Housing Services for Eaton County
319 S. Cochran Ave, Charlotte, MI 48813